Board of Adjustment
!! Get Involved !!
The Routt County Board of Commissioners is soliciting applications for two positions on the Routt County Board of Adjustment. Experience in community involvement, engineering, or construction is helpful but not required. We welcome individuals wanting to help resolve construction and site design issues in Routt County. This is a quasi-judicial Board that reviews requests for variances to the Routt County Zoning Resolution. The Board meets on the second Monday evening of each month, but usually only about four times per year. The positions are voluntary, but travel expenses are reimbursed. Applicants should submit a letter of interest to the Routt County Planning Department, Attention: Veroncia Blake, Box 773749, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477 or at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call 879-2704. The application deadline is Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
The Board of Adjustment performs all functions, powers, and duties as defined by the Routt County Zoning Resolution including:
- Hearing and deciding requests for variances from strict application of the following zoning regulations: minimum setbacks, lot width, lot area, and floor area, and maximum structure height and separation between primary and secondary dwelling units.
- Hearing and deciding appeals where it is alleged by the applicant that there is an error in an order, requirement, decision, or refusal made by an administrative official or agency based on or made in the enforcement of the Routt County Zoning Regulations.
The Board of Adjustment meets as needed on the 2nd Monday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Board of County Commissioners’ Hearing Room in the Historic Routt County Courthouse located at 522 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. WiFi access is available in the Hearing Room, and we encourage the public to access agenda packets via their wireless devices.
All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need a special accommodation as a result of a disability, please call the Commissioners’ Office at (970) 879-0108 to assure that we can meet your needs.
Please notify us of your request as soon as possible prior to the scheduled event. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD (970) 870-5444.
- View available Board of Adjustment agendas and minutes.
- View application materials for activities pending before the Board of Adjustment.
- The Board of Adjustment has a handbook that serves as a guide to facilitate good public hearings. A copy of the Board of Adjustment's handbook can be viewed and downloaded here.
The Routt County Board of Adjustment consists of 5 regular members and 2 alternate members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Steve Moore, Chairman
- Mark Traum
- Tom Fox
- Brian Fitzgerald
- Jeff Gustafson
- John St. Pierre (Alternate)
- Thorne Clark (Alternate)