The Planning Commission performs all functions, powers, and duties as defined by the Routt County Zoning Resolution and Part 1, Article 28, Title 30 of the Colorado Revised Statues, as amended, including:
- Review and approval of applications for Conditional Use Permits, site plans, and Final Planned Unit Development (PUD) Plans.
- Review and make recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners regarding applications for Special Use Permits, vacations of public rights-of-way and utility easements, Conceptual PUD Plans, Land Preservation Subdivisions, and Sketch and Preliminary Subdivisions.
- Review and make recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners regarding proposed amendments to the Routt County Zoning Resolution and Zone District Map and the Routt County Subdivision Regulations.
- Make and adopt the Routt County Master Plan for the physical development of the unincorporated territory within Routt County.
The Planning Commission meets regularly on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at 6:00 pm remotely through Zoom. See the Planning Department page for information on how to participate.
All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD (970) 870-5444.
- View available Planning Commission agendas and minutes.
- View application materials for activities pending before the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission has a handbook that serves as a guide to facilitate good public hearings. A copy of the Planning Commission's handbook can be viewed and downloaded here.
The Routt County Planning Commission consists of 9 regular members and 2 alternate members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The following is a list of the members, along with the district they represent and the date that their term expires:
- Steve Warnke, Chairman, District 1, North Routt, March 31, 2021
- Troy Brookshire, Vice-Chairman, District 2, Steamboat Springs Vicinity, March 31, 2021
- Brian Kelly, District 3, West Routt, March 31, 2021
- Bill Norris, District 4, South Routt, March 31, 2023
- Linda Miller, At Large, March 31, 2023
- Greg Jaeger, City of Steamboat Springs, March 31, 2023
- Andrew Benjamin, Town of Oak Creek, March 31, 2023
- Peter Flint, Town of Yampa, March 31, 2022
- Billy Mitzelfeld, Town of Hayden, March 31, 2021
- Roberta Marshall, Alternate 1, March 31, 2023
- Vacant, Alternate 2, March 31, 2023