With our specialized education, skills and experience, our office is uniquely qualified in fostering a community of lasting value while preserving the western rural character of the County.
Land Use Companion
Have an idea for the development of your property? What about a business idea? The Land Use Companion was created by staff as a tool to identify the important factors impacting your project. It can be accessed by clicking here. After reviewing this document, get in touch with the Planner of the Day by calling (970) 879-2704 or by email.
The Planning Department is responsible for:
- Current and long-range planning
- Zoning and subdivision regulations
- Land use review
- Permit enforcement
- Code enforcement
- Support the Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commission, and Board of Adjustment
- How do I get involved in whats happening in my community?
- Short-term (nightly) rental guide
- Secondary Dwelling Unit guide
- How are we doing? Take our customer satisfaction survey here