PUBLIC NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
The Assessor’s Office is CLOSED to the public for walk-in business (as of November 16, 2020)
We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and public.
- The Assessor's Office is CLOSED to the public for walk-in business. Service will be maintained via online, email or telephone.
- Office employees will be primarily working remotely. While in the Orange Level, the Assessor's office will be staffed at 25% capacity. Employees will rotate 'in-office' shifts and 'remote' (off-site) shifts to limit in-person interactions. Please call the office at 970-870-5544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Most assessor forms are available for download from the Assessor's Office Website. Public inquires for such forms will be directed to the website. In-person visits for such forms will be discouraged. Staff can assist by emailing form requests as well.
- When absolutely necessary, appointments may be scheduled. Appointments with a specific employee will be arranged through that employee, either by email or phone.
- All customers should continue to email, fax or drop off documents in the Elections' ballot box; now accessed via 6th Street only.
- Group Meetings: Abatement Hearings. At this time and for the foreseeable future, any an all formal appeal hearings will be done through Zoom Meetings.
For immediate assistance with Assessor matters:
- Call 970-870-5544
- Fax 970-870-5461
- Email: email@example.com
Forms/Applications/Information due to the Assessor:
• Personal Property Audit Documents – Due November 20, 2020
• Commercial Questionnaire – Due December 1, 2020
• Proof of Agricultural Use – Due ASAP
Please submit via:
➢ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ Mail: Routt County Assessor
522 Lincoln Ave., Suite 10
Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
➢ Fax: 970-870-5461
➢ Drop Off: Elections Ballot Box.
Accessed via 6th Street (alley).
Please use an envelope addressed to the Assessor's Office.