PUBLIC NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
The Assessor’s Office is open to the public for walk-in business (as of July 6, 2020)
We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and public. A mask is required.
- The Assessor's Office now open to the public for walk-in business. Office employees rotate 'in-office' shifts and 'remote' (off-site) shifts. Please call the office at 970-870-5544 in advance to set an appointment with a specific employee. Appointments with a specific employee will be arranged through that employee, either by email or phone.
- Only two customers (per office) are allowed inside the Assessor's admin office and Appraisal office at any given time. The customer will complete the Visitor Log spreadsheet for contact tracing.
- All customers should continue to email, fax or mail documents when possible. DO NOT USE THE ELECTIONS' BALLOT BOX. Most all needed assessor forms are available for download from the Assessor's Office Website. Public inquires for such forms will be directed to the website. In-person visits for such forms will be discouraged. Staff can assist by emailing form requests as well.
- Group Meetings: Abatement and County Board of Equalization: At this time and for the foreseeable future, any an all formal appeal hearings will be done through Zoom Meetings.
For immediate assistance with Assessor matters:
- Call 970-870-5544
- Fax 970-870-5461
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms/Applications/Information due to the Assessor:
• Asset Declarations – Due JUNE 15, 2020 - Due date extended per Gov. Polis Executive Order 4/2/2020
• Veteran Exemption Applications – Due July 1, 2020
• Senior Exemption Applications – Due July 15, 2020
• Proof of Agricultural Use – Due ASAP
Please submit via:
➢ Email: email@example.com
➢ Mail: Routt County Assessor
522 Lincoln Ave., Suite 10
Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
➢ Fax: 970-870-5461