Mobile/Manufactured Home Tax & Procedures
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Mailing a property tax statement in January of each year.
- Collecting manufactured home property taxes.
- Performing delinquency process sale of taxes at Tax Lien Sale.
The Assessor is responsible for:
- Establishing a valuation on the manufactured home and notifying the owner by May 1st each year if there is a value change from the prior year.
- Answering questions and correcting problems concerning property valuation.
- Hearing and reviewing all protests on the assessed valuation during May of each year.
The Manufactured Home Owner is responsible for:
- Carefully reviewing the Notice of Valuation received from the assessor.
- Contacting the assessor if the owner does not understand the Notice of Valuation.
- Notifying the assessor of any mailing address changes. Changes must be submitted in writing to the assessor's office.
- Contact Weld County Planning/Building Dept prior to locating manufactured home within unincorporated Weld County, Code: Sec 29-7-10.
- Applying for a new title with the Weld County Motor Vehicle Department within 45 days of the sale of a new manufactured home or within 30 days of the sale of a previously owned manufactured home.
- Timely payment of property taxes.
The Manufactured Home Renter is responsible for:
- Forwarding the property tax notice to the owner if the renter is not responsible for payment.
- IMMEDIATELY notifying the owner or liable party of ANY foreclosure or distraint action taken by the treasurer.
Manufactured Home Forms
- Affidavit of Real Property for a Manufactured Home
- Certificate of Permanent Location for a Manufactured Home
- Certificate of Permanent Location for a Manufactured Home (Long-Term Lease)
- Certificate of Destruction for a Manufactured Home
- Certificate of Removal for a Manufactured Home
- Manufactured Home Transfer Declaration
- Manufactured Home Authentication Request (Authentication of Pad Ad Valorem Taxes)