Forms & Procedures
Land Use Companion and Administrative Review Team (ART)Have an idea for the development of your property? What about a business idea? The Land Use Companion was created by staff as a tool to identify the important factors impacting your project. An ART Review allows an applicant to sit down with most, if not all, agencies that may have a comment on an application at the same time. The Land Use Companion can be accessed by clicking here. Get in touch with the Planner of the Day by calling (970) 879-2704 or by email with questions or to schedule a review.
The following flowcharts are intended to provide a general guide to the review and approval process. Applicants should consult with the Planning Department regarding specific requirements and timeframes for each phase of the process.
- General Procedure Handout
- Administrative Permits
- Conditional Use Permits
- Special Use Permits
- Special Event Permits
- Access Agreements
- Stagecoach and Steamboat Lake Consolidations
Mineral Interest Notice Information
- Mineral Interest Notice Requirements
- Mineral Interest Notice Certification Form
- Mineral Interest Notice SAMPLE Letter
FeesTo view the currently adopted Fee Schedule for Planning Department services, click here.
Land Use & Zoning Review Checklists
- Amendment - Zoning - Use this checklist when applying for a rezoning of property (map amendment) or requesting a change in the text of the Zoning Regulations.
- General Land Use Change - Use this checklist for all land use proposals that do not fit another category below.
- Oil & Gas Exploration/Production - Use this checklist with applications for oil and gas exploration and production.
- Permit - Extended Camping
- Permit - Floodplain Development
- Permit - Sign
- Permit - Special Event
- Permit - Waterbody Setback
- - Use this checklist when requesting a formal Pre-Application Conference with the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners. (Zoning)
- PUD - Amendment
- PUD - Conceptual
- PUD - Final
- Resource Extraction - Use this checklist with applications for mining of resources including sand, gravel, and coal.
- Seismic Operations
- Traffic Analysis - Use this checklist for large developments that will increase the amount of traffic, such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Subdivisions, and other large developments.
Subdivision Review Checklists
- - Use this checklist when requesting a formal Pre-Application Conference with the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners. (Subdivision)
- 35 Acre Road Review - Use this checklist for road review within an exempt (35 acre lots) subdivision.
- Consolidation (Steamboat Lake/Stagecoach)
- Final Plat
- Land Preservation, Exemption - Use this checklist for a Major or Minor LPS or an Administrative Amendment to an approved LPS.
- Preliminary Plan
- Replat (All Types) - Use this checklist for replats including consolidation plats, lot line adjustments, and correction plats, and for divisions of land for public purpose
- - Use this checklist for vacation of public utility easements, public rights-of-way, and recorded subdivision plats.