Forms & Procedures
Project Planning & Pre-Application Tools
Land Use Companion & Administrative Review Team (ART)
Do you have a unique idea for the development or use of your property? Routt County Planning is pleased to offer the following tools that may prove helpful during the planning phase of your project.
The Land Use Companion was created by Routt County Planning Staff as a tool to help identify important factors that may impact a project. An ART Review provides applicants an opportunity to receive comments/feedback regarding their project from planning staff and other relevant referral agencies. If you would like to receive an ART review for your project, please submit an ART application through CityView. At a minimum, please include the following as part of the ART application:
- Vicinity Map
- Detailed Written Narrative
- Site Plan
Submittal Checklists & Procedures
Example Land Use & Zoning Review Checklists
- Amendment - Zoning - Use this checklist when applying for a rezoning of property (map amendment) or requesting a change in the text of the Zoning Regulations.
- General Land Use Change - Use this checklist for all land use proposals that do not fit another category below.
- Oil & Gas Exploration/Production - Use this checklist with applications for oil and gas exploration and production.
- Permit - Extended Camping
- Permit - Floodplain Development
- Permit - Sign
- Permit - Special Event
- Permit - Waterbody Setback
- - Use this checklist when requesting a formal Pre-Application Conference with the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners. (Zoning)
- PUD - Amendment
- PUD - Conceptual
- PUD - Final
- Resource Extraction - Use this checklist with applications for mining of resources including sand, gravel, and coal.
- Seismic Operations
- Traffic Analysis - Use this checklist for large developments that will increase the amount of traffic, such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Subdivisions, and other large developments.
Example Subdivision Review Checklists
- - Use this checklist when requesting a formal Pre-Application Conference with the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners. (Subdivision)
- 35 Acre Road Review - Use this checklist for road review within an exempt (35 acre lots) subdivision.
- Consolidation (Steamboat Lake/Stagecoach)
- Final Plat
- Land Preservation, Exemption - Use this checklist for a Major or Minor LPS or an Administrative Amendment to an approved LPS.
- Preliminary Plan
- Replat (All Types) - Use this checklist for replats including consolidation plats, lot line adjustments, and correction plats, and for divisions of land for public purpose
- - Use this checklist for vacation of public utility easements, public rights-of-way, and recorded subdivision plats.
The following flowcharts are intended to provide a general guide to the review and approval process. Applicants should consult with the Planning Department regarding specific requirements and timeframes for each phase of the process.
- General Procedure Handout
- Administrative Permits
- Conditional Use Permits
- Special Use Permits
- Special Event Permits
- Access Agreements
- Stagecoach and Steamboat Lake Consolidations