1. All open fires and campfires are prohibited except petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns, and
heating devices that are underwriter approved.
NOTE: Any permit issued by a fire protection district, the Routt County Sheriff’s Office, or the Routt
County Office of Emergency Management prior to this Declaration is rescinded unless resubmitted
and approved by the appropriate authority as identified in paragraph 1 of the Exemptions section of
this fire restriction notice, or until these restrictions are lifted by the Routt County Board of County
2. Smoking is restricted to enclosed vehicles and buildings.
3. All chainsaws and other internal combustion engines, including motorcycles and ATVs,
must have spark-arresting devices that are properly installed and in working order.
4. Use of fireworks of any variety.
5. Use of explosives.
6. Outdoor use of welding and cutting torch devices.
7. Use of tracer rounds or incendiary targets for all shooting activities in the county.
8. Individual agencies (such as fire protection districts, or state or federal organizations)
may further restrict commercial activities not included in this Declaration such as
construction, logging, or oil and gas operations.
You can check out current Muddy Slide Fire evacuation status here.