Routt County Hazard Mitigation Plan
During 2019 and early 2020, a coalition of Routt County, cities, towns, and special districts implemented a planning process to prepare for and lessen the impacts of natural hazards by updating the Routt County Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP). This partnership pooled resources to create a uniform hazard mitigation strategy that can be consistently applied throughout the Routt County planning area and will ensure eligibility for specified grant funds.
The HMP describes the plan’s purpose, the planning process, community engagement efforts, the hazard risk assessment and findings, local mitigation actions identified, and the plan’s maintenance strategy for the five-year period covered by the plan.
The HMP was adopted by Routt County in December 2020 and is subject to revision every five years. The HMP is also reviewed annually by the participating agencies, and an annual report is produced and posted here once completed.
Hazard Mitigation Plan and Annual Reports
Community Wildfire Protection Plans
Routt County is currently in the process of updating its Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP). Visit our CWPP page for more information. Other CWPPs are listed below, though many are outdated at this time.
- Routt County Community Wildfire Protection Plan - September 2010
- Stagecoach Area Community Wildfire Protection Plan - August 2007
- Fish Creek - Sanctuary Community Wildfire Protection Plan - May 2007
- North Routt Fire Protection District Community Wildfire Protection Plan - May 2007
- Steamboat Pines Community Wildfire Protection Plan - July 2004
- Upper Burgess Creek Community Wildfire Protection Plan - July 2004
- Fish Creek Critical Community Wildfire Watershed Protection Plan - September 2019